History


YearEvent
1972
First license issued
1974Location:  United Church on Lakeview Avenue
Capacity expanded to 40 children aged 3 - 6 years
1978Capacity expanded to include 12 school aged children (7 - 12 years)
Total Capacity = 52 children
1979Incorporated under the Society Act as a non-profit society
Society # 14,796
The Centre is renamed - St. Matthews Day Care Society
1980Relocated to Glenwood Elementary School
Capacity expanded again
Total Capacity = 84 children (aged 4 months to 12 years)
1994Glenwood space reclaimed by the school district
Relocated to Edmonds Neighbourhood Resource Centre
Capacity expanded again
Total Capacity = 101 children (aged 4 months to 12 years)

1996Registered as a Charitable Organization
Charity Registration # 10803 1592 RR 001
  
1994 - 2011Unlicensed childminding services provided to the Burnaby School District for parents taking English classes (ELSA)
  
 We would like to thank the City of Burnaby for their support

Awards

2012 - 2017:  Burnaby Now Best of Burnaby - Best Day Care

2013 / 2015:  Burnaby Now Best of Burnaby - Best Preschool

2012:  Ministry of Children & Family - Legacy Award - 40 years of service